Things sure are moving super fast these days. I mean within the past week or less. I don't know if it's the energy of the full moon, Spring blowing in or the arrangement of the celestial orbs but wow, it feels palpable to me.
With my clients, I've noticed schedule shifting within 24 hours or less. People are scheduling and rescheduling so that literally from one day to the next it becomes an unpredictable cornucopia of diversity which I have to navigate.
Health issues are popping up everywhere with seemingly resolved problems coming in for another round or shifting their approach to get through our defenses.
Just a moment ago I even saw a cardinal change direction in mid flight to the bird feeder as my cat and I opened the door to way into the yard.
Then there is the world scene where here in the US its hard to know what is happening from one minute to the next.
So all of this to say that I've found myself a bit unmoored lately in heavy seas bouncing me and many people around. To create sufficient stability within myself to navigate the energetic twists and turns, here are a few things I've been doing:
- taking a moment to close my eyes and take a deep breath before responding to a change or answering a troublesome e-mail
- talking to friends about how they are noticing the turbulence and appreciating our connection
- looking at and valuing Nature in all its wildness, complexity and deep beauty
- dropping into the sensuality of the sensory world by reveling in wonderful scents, biting into the juiciness of a ripe strawberry or wearing my favorite soft sweater
- digging with my hands into fresh soil to make a new home for a seedling
- listening to the bird that just began singing outside my window
- baking something from scratch - yesterday it was a quiche!
What have you been doing to stay present?